Tauna and Bobby Burden have been longtime Butler parents and have given to the school in so many ways. Bobby was hospitalized over the weekend with life threatening brain aneurisms.
His surgery was today, but the prognosis is not good. Unfortunately, Bobby was self-employed and the family does not have insurance. The school is rallying around them and helping in a number of ways:
- An account has been setup at Compass Bank at Randol Mill Rd. and Cooper St. for donations to cover the hospital bills and to help cover the mortgage. Please ask for Jennifer Asplet. If you have questions about donating, please call her at 817-975-8894.
- We will be setting up a Paypal donation button on the PTA and Dads club websites. If you would like to donate through Paypal, please look for the button in our sidebar in the next day or so. (UPDATE: Look for the big red “Donate Now” button at the top right.)
- Jennifer and Denise White are organizing food for the family. They have meals covered through Sunday. If you would like to provide something, call Jennifer at the number above or Denise at 817-233-8649.
- Ashley Wallis is keeping the Burden children and could use help with feeding them after school. If you would like to donate snack foods and other kid friendly food like frozen pizzas, please deliver to the Wallis’ at 1714 Autumn Lane in the Prestonwood neighborhood north of Shackelford Jr. High.
- A couple of fund raisers are being planned to help with ongoing expenses as the family has no savings and has now last their only source of income.
- UPDATE: There will be a car wash on Saturday, April 16th from 8-4 at St. Stephen Methodist Church on Random Mill, across the street from Random Mill Park.
For updates about Bobby’s condition, please visit his daughter’s blog.